Block Explosion Pattern

Could someone please tell me where I could find the pattern for Block Explosion? ( I think that's what she called it) Maybe, what book I could find it in? I was gonna try to draw a diagram of it but I couldn't get the computer to work with me.

Someone told me that would be a good pattern for me to start piecing together for my first quilt, but she couldn't think of the name of the book she saw it in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!! :)

Thank you,

Donna Gale Hays

Fisherville, KY

There is a pattern called "Turning Twenty" that is a good beginner quilt too. It is sold as a single pattern in a plastic bag. Ask at your local quilt shop.

If you are interested in a good book for beginning quilting...check out "Rotary Magic" by Nancy Johnson-Sebro. I like this book because it is clear in the explainations...has trouble shooting section and covers from beginning to end. I teach beginning quilting classes and recommend it. There are also many other good beginning books, but I like this one.

You might want to take a class. It is fun to get to know others who are beginning too. It is a good way to get questions answered and to find out quick tricks.

Good Luck,

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

I have a book called "Block Explosion" by Cindy Casciato. The projects use some large scale fabrics (hence, fewer blocks) and most are quick and fairly easy to put together. There are some very nice patterns in this book. I've made several of them and I really like the book for a quick quilt that looks like you spent a lot more time on it than you actually did!;)

Cheryl,MaryJo and Fabric007:

Thank you all so very much for replying to my question about Block Explosion, I appreciate that so much.

I'm headed to the book store today to find a copy of the books that were sujested and when I get home (on vacation in Florida right now) I'm going to sign up for a quilting class.

Thanks again,

Donna Gale Hays

Fisherville, KY

I would like to thank everyone for their comments regurading the patter I was looking for.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!

The pattern I was looking for was in the book that Mary Jo was telling me about.

Now to start my very first quilt. :)

Donna Gale Hays

Fisherville, KY

Archived