Milsoft for softening batiks

I was browsing around the internet last night and came across a post somewhere about  "Milsoft" which is a fabric softener to use to soften batiks so the needle doesn't break the threads in the fabric and to get better tension. Has any one heard of it or used it? I would love to know if it works to share with customers. I just finished a batik, the JNDWR quilt I was ranting about a week or 2 ago. ( I will post when she says its OK, as it is a gift )  Real tuff time with mono filament thread. All I saw were holes, ripped it out. I ended up using so-fine instead . The mono looked horrible. Thanks for your input. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend. K

Hi K. I've quilted quite a few JN quilts over the last 3 years. Most were for a certified JN teacher and some of her students. I use only Superior Bottom Line for all the SID work. On my own Summer Solstice quilt, I used Superior Kimono Silk in several different colors. I LOVE it! When I want the quilting to show more I use a contrasting color and sometimes Rheingold Poly in the metallic colors. I've also used Aurifil 40 and 50 weight. I almost always use So Fine or Bottom Line in the bobbin and ask my customers to wash the quilt backing twice if they want to use a batik.

Archived