thread choice

I am just not sure. I first thought I would just use a neutral so fine thread but I I think it will break up the writing. I also tried bottom line and the same thing. It will get the panto bubbles. I am now leaning towards monofiliment, madiera. This will do the trick as to not disturb the writing, I am just wondering about the strength of it across the whole quilt. Please weigh in with your thoughts and or experience. Thanks for your help. Kpost-5799-0-10747500-1416347357_thumb.jpg

The nylon thread will be a good choice and work well. It's plenty strong enough for the whole quilt, but realize that starts and stops need some attention so the ends don't pull loose. With a panto/overall I try to stop and start off-quilt so any loose ends are encased by the binding.

Adjust the bobbin thread looser (15/150 on the Towa gauge) and loosen the top tension almost to the point where you can see light between the disks. A pull and release of the top thread through the needle should result in no curling of the top thread at the needle. And the spring of the tension assemble will dip only slightly. 

If you opt for BottomLine, a neutral (on the pale pink side like Champagne) will also work well and not show as much on the writing as you think it will. No matter what you use, the writing will be distorted but still be readable. 

Archived