Two Problems and Why on the weekend!?

Why does my machine always give me trouble when APQS is closed? I think APQS should be open 24-7 like Walmart, lol.

I will call tomorrow, but I won't be with my Millie for 2 weeks. That ALWAYS happens also. Perhaps someone can help me anyway.

First Problem: This has been happening since I got the machine last June, but I always have thought it was just me not know what I was doing.

When I am using the single-stitch button (up/down yellow button) to pull the needle OUT (and sometimes to put it IN), the "engine" keeps on running for about 15 seconds and sometimes won't stop at all until I push it over and over. HOPE that makes sense. It is like Millie is still trying to pull the needle up after it is already up.

Second Problem: I decided yesterday to use the NON-stitch regulated button (the blue button, I believe) to test my stitches every time I changed thread. I don't usually ever use the non-reg. stitch.

Anyway, every time I used it yesterday, it was making a horrible racket. Like metal grinding metal. Nothing was on or near or under the machine. It was working PERFECTLY in SR mode. I couldn't believe my ears. First of all, I thought non-stitch regulated mode was suppose to be QUIETER. It was much louder. I was afraid to use it because it sounded really bad.

Yes, I will call tomorrow, BUT I will be 150 miles away from my machine for two weeks. How long is the warranty on these machines? Hope time isn't running out for me.

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Hugs, Joy

Joy,

I will tell you what I think and you can try it for one of your problems. Under the hood there is a #8 screw near the front (the hood on top of the machine) if you give that screw the slightest turn to the right it should stop your needle from going up and down repeatedly. For the other problem I have no idea.

Hi Joy,

I know what you mean. I always seem to develop a problem about 5:30 on Friday afternoon! Thankfully, DH is usually able to fix the problem. Thank goodness for the maintenance video.

Mary Beth is right about the runaway up/down button. I have a Liberty, so the Millenium may be different, but there is a white "button" on the right side of my machine. I pop that out and then I can reach inside with a screw driver and adjust the little gold screw. You will need to turn it to the right just a little bit. If it starts moving too slowly then you turn it a little bit to the left. Mine did that a lot when I first got the machine, but I haven't had to adjust it in a long time.

My Liberty made a lot of noise recently and it turned out to be a pulley that had pulled away from the collar(?). I think I've got those terms right. I had to take the back off of the machine. The pulley was hitting the back of the machine. You could see the imprint of it inside the back cover. Mine made the noise with the SR and without, so it may not be the same problem. The bottom pulley had moved away from the collar about 1/8 of an inch. Roger had to take a hammer and gently tap it back in place. After that the noise stopped.

I hope you figure it out in the morning.

Phyllis

Hi again Joy,

Mary Beth is right about the #8 screw adjustment so you machine positions correctly. If you need that email us and we can shoot that adjustment to you in a Word file with pics so you can do that yourself. As far as the noise, I'm not sure without hearing it myself. If it happens again on a weekday....call us and let us listen and we can see what is going on.

Take care,

Archived