Red fat quarter swappers--please read!

Linda, do you have any recommendation for pre-waning these reds? You are so full of wisdom that I thought I should ask!

:P

With smaller pieces like these, I'll use a large plastic tub in the bathtub.  Using warm water with Synthrapol added (you only need a small amount) I'll add the FQs and gently work the sudsy solution through the fabrics. Rinse a couple of times, hoping for eventually-clear rinse water. Then do another treatment with Retayne. Synthrapol removes excess dye and Retayne sets whatever dye is left. If there are a few problem fabrics, I'll set them aside. I'll probably fluff them in the dryer until just damp and press with sizing or Best Press to give them some body.

After quilting and binding, I figure I'll do another check to make sure the reds are behaving themselves. Sometimes even with careful pre-treating the reds will still bleed, so since this one will be mine, I treat carefully when washing. Color Catchers are wonderful!

Hoping everyone has received their packages by now. Let me know if any are late.

Archived