poor stitch quality

I hope someone out there can give me some advice.  I am running King Tut and a magna glide bobbin.

I am having an issue with the stitch quality.  an occasional large loop, but more often, just poor stitch quality.  It looks as if I need to increase the top tension, but I am afraid if I do that, the issue will be thread breakage.  The poor stitching is not consistent.  Sometimes it looks perfect.

Any ideas? Thanks for whatever wisdom you can share.post-65697-0-94029600-1449622257_thumb.jpgpost-65697-0-87664900-1449622259_thumb.jpg

Barb, I had that problem early on - until my beloved dealer told me to relax the quilt sandwich a bit. The machine should look like a mole running underground as you quilt. I had been tensioning the quilt sandwich too tightly between the rollers. By the way, batiks are especially sensitive to this problem. I was quilting a batik quilt when I called her.

Good luck!

Sharon,

That is about the only thing I have not tried.  I do have it loose, I have been advised that too tight is not good.  I will try it with the sandwich even looser.

And I am doing a batik front and back, so perhaps extra loose is called for.

Thanks for the widsom.

Archived