New Quilter

I finished one of them. The client just LOVED it. She cant wait to get another one done to bring to me. All went real well with that one. I was excited to finish it. The second one is loaded on the machine and I am nerves about that one. I just have to go and do it and it will be fine i am sure.

Sherri

Sherry,

As an even newer quilter how long did you practice before you felt confident enough to quilt someone else's quilt? Are you doing an overall pantogram or something more involved?

I am at the stage where I stlll feel that the machine should go one way and it almost makes it there - perhaps the quilting spirits are joking with me??

Quilting with Love

in Prescott AZ

I have had my machine since the middle of September and I was very blessed to have a wonderful friend that just began quilting and she gave me all (about 9) of her quilt tops to quilt (I would not practice on mine). I did better quilting on actual quilts then on the sheets or muslin. I found you have to do a lot of drawing. I drew in the car waiting for the kids to get out of school, in the bathtub, at the kitchen table. I have taken many classes to.

I can't wait until April as I am going to New Hampshire to the MQX.

Archived