Stripped screw/ Now what?

Help needed please

I was having the problem with my needle up/down going berserk. It would not stop going up and down! I called Dea in Tampa and she advised me that I needed to take off the top and make an adjustment. I found this in the manual, and began to try fixing it myself. Couldn't get past step one, because I stripped the head of one of the Phillips screws that holds the cover above the motherboard. It was (and is) extremely tight, and will not budge. I tried WD 40, and various screw drivers, but no go. I went and got my husband to try. No go.

I called Dea back, and she said to hit the screw driver with a hammer. I tried that too, although I didn't want to. Still no budge. So, I am stuck.

Mark? Anybody? Help!

thanks,

Karol

Brand new Milli owner

Inverness, FL

That happened to me as well the first time I needed to take the screws out. The factory shouldn't be using those electric screw drivers to tighten them so tight. Any ways the only way my DH was able to get it off was to use a file and turn the screw from a phillips head to a flat head then once it was off we changed all the screws to flat head ones and I won't tighten the up nearly as much as they were when it came from the factory.

The only down fall to this method is that the side plate that comes off ended up with some scratches from when my DH was trying to get the screws out. I was not very happy about that since these machines aren't cheap.

Good luck...just so you know this topic comes up alot about how tight those screws are.

Joann

all fixed

My neighbor loaned me his power screw driver, and I was able to remove the stuck screw and adjust the part that controls the needle up/down. So all is well, except I will need a replacement screw for the one that was stripped.

Back to practicing today! Yippee.

Archived