quilted curtains - a different slant

At different times, I have combined vinyl and cotton for window treatments. There are ALOT of neat colors of plain cloth-backed vinyl and I've quilted designs straight onto it - no batting, backing, etc. (You "could" line the back of the valance w/the cotton, but I didn't.) I used matching cotton for the curtains. I "bind" the raw edges of the vinyl with the cotton. Makes a neat finish on it, plus matches it to the curtains.

Earlier, I made some for our bedroom. For that particular set, I didn't bind the vinyl edges, but used two rows of gathered ruffled cottons, pulling together the colors from the curtains. I LOVED them. More times than not, I could simply "feather dust" the vinyl. When they needed cleaned, I took them out to the clothes line and spray hosed them off. Once dry, I pressed the ruffles, and up they went.

I currently have a burgundy vinyl and toile (SP?) cream/burgundy cotton in our bathroom. Used the same cotton for the shower curtain over the plain plastic one next to the tub.

They're a bit "unconventional" but if I like something and think it looks good, I don't worry too much about "rules" :) To date, no "decorator police" have taken them down :)

Sherry O

Praise Works Quilting

KS

Sherry O, me too! Please post pics! You're so silly, "decorator police", LOL! You're right, it doesn't matter what or how you do it for your own home, as long as YOU are happy. These sound really cute. I might have to try it somewhere in the house. Thanks!

Archived