Quilt top help

I have two pieces of cuddle cloth (I can not think of the real name of it) that was given to me by a friend who wants me to make a quilt out of it for her grandson and her cuddle time together. Both fabric is 58 inches by 61 inches. I have never used this cloth in my quilts and I am not sure what to put with it. I would like to cut it up and try to put some colored fabric with it. Do I need to use the same cuddle cloth or would cotton be okay to use. Looking forward to your suggestions. post-69853-0-14565100-1461711364_thumb.jpeg

post-69853-0-35112300-1461711424_thumb.jpeg

Hi Sheila,

I have only used cuddle or minky as a backing on my quilts, I do know that Shannon fabrics sells quilt kits entirely of cuddle, I think the sew long strips of different cuddle together to make the quilt.

If you were going to use it in a quilt top then I would use all cuddle fabric.

The other word of caution is that when you cut it little bits of fuzz go everywhere! I usually have to vacuum my sewing room after working with it!

Hope that helps!

Beth

I have a little hand vac sitting next to my cutting station and whenever I cut Minky I vacuum the cut edges and that pretty much takes care of any of the fuzz problem (learned that from a local quilt shop that sells a lot of this stuff).  As for what to do with it.....I would almost be tempted to just use one on top and one on the bottom with a lightweight batt and just quilt them together and never mind cutting them up unless your customer wants something special made out of them. Kids are just going to be happy to have that soft cuddle fabric to hold, touch and feel.  Just use a cute panto or something simple.    

Archived