HF circle sizes

JudyLee

I got Myrna's DVD y'day and sat down to watch it. She does a wonderful job of explaining how to use the HF. I plan to watch it again, as I was also cutting fabric and am sure I missed lots. Does anyone know how small of a circle can be made with the HF? Sizes in measurements I mean. I know I can eyeball it, that's what I've been doing. Just wondering if there are any real measurements. I know this sounds silly, but so far I've been learning by the seat of my pants and hope I'm not missing something. Can the rotating bar be moved to mount one of the holes to the pivot bolt? This would make about a one inch circle, as long as it still rotated around without hitting something.

The smallest circle I can do is about 3 inches. I'd love to get a little smaller than that.

Judy Z

Judy,

Thank you, I'm happy to hear that it is helpful to you. With "slider" you will be able to make a circle size that may be in between any give hole. Buy pushing it all the way back you may be able to get a smaller size. I believe I can get a circle one and a quarter inch. If your fence is older you may not be able to go that small. You can have two more holes put in the circlemaker if it is an older model.

Myrna

• 4 months later...

Shana,

I just ordered my fence, DVD and Workbook from Myrna last Friday. I am so excited! She is fantastic and I can't wait to learn to use it. I had a wonderful phone conversation with her and she is so great with advice and helping me pick out the right stuff!!! I can't wait to take her class. (Can you tell I am excited???)

Could you let us all know how you are doing with it? Would love to see anything you have done with it?

• 6 months later...

How old is older? My machine is vintage 2004, Millennium. I am still getting my studio completed and haven\'t been able to set up the machine yet, it\'s killing me. I have customer quilts waiting and need to practice and I\'m waiting on the Workman to finish up his work . . . frustrating, exciting and terrifying! I have a Hartley Fence which came with my machine and haven\'t had the opportunity to try it. I suspect Myrna\'s CD is an investment I need to make prior to trying to use it. I have purchased several basic pantos and will begin there. My question is . . . is a 2004 model Hartley Fence an older model and will I need to plan to add holes if I want to be able to make the smaller circles?

Archived