RULER BASE

Donita Darlington.  lovetoquilt.com

She will send you a template that you put on your throat of your machine, lower your needle, punch the cardboard template, then send it back to her.

Your base is made specifically for YOUR machine, so the needle goes down perfectly in the center of the hole! 

You leave the base on permenantly. It's not heavy, bulky, glides under the side clamps...AND.....it doesnt wobble!

I am not sure what Sheri means by her post. I do know that she is talking about the Rulermate from http://www.lovetoquilt.com/ The Rulermate is a permanent type ruler base. So you take the plate off your machine, and screw the Rulermate down so it stays on the machine. If you go to the Love To Quilt website, you just select your machine from the list. When I had my Millie, I had removed the thread cutter, so I selected the Rulermate for an APQS without a thread cutter. If you have a Millie with a thread cutter, then you would select it from the drop down menu.

The Hartley Base works the same, if you have a thread cutter, or not, the base extender is made for that specifically. In this ad, she says she has a Hartley base extender for a Millie with a thread cutter.

I am not sure what Sheri means by taking the measurements, etc. You really do not need to do that.

Alena, I apologize for not jumping back on.  It has been a really busy week and I have not had a chance to send the serial number to APQS to determine the year of my machine.  I am hoping to hear today or tomorrow and will update this post as soon as I know.

Sorry, havent been on in a few. I was talking to GMA who posted this original post of wanting to purchase a base for a 2004 millie.

When you order the base from Donita (lovetoquilt.com) she sends out a cardboard template now, that you attach to your throat, lower the needle,

punch the hole in the cardboard template, then mail it back to her. 

Your base is then specifically made for YOUR machine, according to the cardboard template you sent back to her.  It insures that the center hole

is always center ON YOUR MACHINE!

Since the APQS machines are individually, hand made, the holes do not always line up from machine to machine.

I was not speaking anything of the Hartley Base.  Just the one from Donita Darlington. Lovetoquilt.com

• 3 weeks later...

Archived