Oma, Was That You?

Hi Oma,

I know this is an odd question but were you at a rest stop in Dunnivan on Interstate 5 about 11:15am today?  I saw someone that looked just like your photo in a Ford truck with a man in a black shirt with two little dogs.  I almost went up and asked if it was you but thought that if it wasn't the lady might think that I was nuts!

OMG...it was me.  We were returning from Oregon headed home.  I wish you would have. I don't have a picture of you.  Were you in a white car? 

Traveling is hard since my knee surgery.  We have to stop at nearly every rest area.  The dogs don't mind that at all and my husband is great about it too.  I've been making that drive for over 40 years and I used to do it in a day and want to party when I arrived...now it takes me two days and I'm dead for a week...lol. 

We visited the kids.  My daughter moved to Lake Oswego and she has a flock of peacocks that stroll by and visit a couple of times a day.  I spent time with three of my granddaughters and a grandson while in the Portland area and one granddaughter and great granddaughter in Eugene.  And of course my daughter, my son and his wife and a special "daughter" while there.  It was a wonderful trip.

We went over to Fabric Depot on Sunday.  OMG!  They were having a 40% off everything sale.  It was so packed!  Lines for cutting fabric and lines for paying, but I must say...the clerks were so nice and patient and friendly.  Three days of mayhem and they were still smiling and friendly.  I bought a bunch of minky to make my daughter a throw for her couch.  I want to try making a cuddle quilt all on my longarm.

On the way up we stayed in Sutherlin, OR.  The next morning we went over to Chicks and a Rooster quilt shop.  It was so nice.  Great selection of fabric, lots and lots of panels and very nice people. 

I had a great time, but it's nice to be home. 

Well now I wish I had spoken to you!  We were in a white Toyota van with a white cargo box almost next to you. We too were on our way back from Oregon.  We were in Redmond near Bend.  I went to the Fabric Depot too but at a different time, the discount was only 35% the day I was there but the place was emptier than I have seen it before.  I am heading to PIQF tomorrow and my DH commented that if it was you perhaps you were headed there too.  As you are already at home that obviously isn't the case.

I hope that your knee improves.  My DH had one of his hips replaced earlier this year and it is amazing the difference.  I think he is probably heading for knee replacement too and I understand that is more difficult a recovery.

If I see you in anymore rest stops I promised to speak!

One of my sons used to live in Madras so we used to have to make our yearly "Oregon loop"...up through Madras across Mt. Hood over to Portland and McMinneville then down I-5.  Then we make our "southern loop" to Phoenix and Vegas.  We put off any travel until my knee was better. 

I don't think I can handle PIQF so soon after our trip.  I was great right after knee surgery, but they "angered" the arthritis and boy has that been hard.  I've had injections in it every week for the past 3 weeks and have one more on Friday.  It is better.

We may run into each other again and I hope we do speak.  Put your picture on so I know who I'm looking for...lol. 

Archived