just starting need help

Well I just started playing with my millie last night and have encountered a few problems. My stitch regulator doesn't seem to sense my side to side motion I'm not sure if the sensor isn't picking up the motion or what might be the problem. Any suggestions would be usefull. Also I'm wondering if how tight the top is makes a difference in how it quilts. for instance, I've been playing from the front and I notice that if I quilt one way and then go the other I end up with big loops on top look kind of like the tension is too loose. Is this something that can be fixed by playing with the tension or is there other possabilities. I'm not frustrated yet just thought I'd look for some feedback before I get frustrated. I have two customer quilts waiting to be done and one I'm doing for a rookie of the year category at MQS so I need to get things on the move here fast. Thanks for the help

The Quilt Lady

TinaC

Hi Tina,

It is possible that the side to side is not reading your movement.. Are you getting long stitches? What you need to do, is on the black box that moves side to side, (it's upside down) loosen the gold bolt (7/16 in. wrench) under the brown wheel and slide the black box closer... that will move the little black wheel closer to the brown wheel.. that should take care of it! I have seen it when that didn't fix it and then you can tighten the front adjusting wheels on the carraige (just a little) If you still have trouble call me, I will walk you through some trouble shooting things..

As far as the loops, tighten your top tension and yes, it is possible to have the fabric to tight, you want it to have a little bounce!

Good Luck

Call if you need anything!

Connie Hurst

APQS Service Mgr/ Tech.

800-426-7233 ext.6

Archived