Please Pray (Daniel Update)

Sheryl:

(& Patch)

When we are going through the trials we seem to focus on only them. Your DH's grandmother had such a wonderful attitude, it seems: look for the blessings in everything. Even the things that appear bad have some sort of blessing from Him. Usually, I find, that He's teaching me something, and I'm not always listening like I should. That doesn't mean that's what is going on here with you. For me, I'm so hard headed that I don't pay attention like I should in these situations and miss what blessings are there.

I hope that you will find out what's causing this soon so that you can take action on it. Grandma was a smart woman, it sounds like. She was teaching you & others by focusing on the blessings.

I've also been reminded of that by her. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Sheryl, how's Daniel doing now? Have they figured it out? Is it diabetes? are things working out for him?

My John is still having something like convulsions or seizures sporadically through the day. They come on suddenly and last a second or two, then leave just as suddenly. Can be in the middle of doing something, but especially when he's waiting around for something and is bored. He gets bored easily. This is quite an education, looking up every possible thing that may be causing this condition. If it's Tourette's, it's hereditary, but the severe case is brought on by something. Doctor thinks way too much stress at school is the cause. Naturopath thinks also too much stress on his body by eating all the wrong things, for him, like dairy, pop, chocolate, and too much sugar desserts and things. And we have acupuncture, which does calm him a bit, but he got stuck just when his muscles tensed the other day and it hurt and scared him... What torture to watch and think, "Will he see his parents as torturers...?" But it was ok after all... Chinese herbs now, which taste terrible, but supposedly do a lot of good for kids like him, according to the naturopath. Such an education. So way far out of my normal comfort zone. I had to pick up the herbs Saturday at the Chinese medicine clinic in Portland... reeked of marijuana. Quite interesting. Well, I'll do anything, as you all will too, for my son's health.

Blessings on you, Daniel! and you, Sheryl. May the doctors have wisdom to cure what's wrong. And may you have peace, and be able to quilt in joy, though you sew in tears right now.

Archived