Noisy bobbin area

I've been reading about lots of topics, but have never seen a discussion on two problems I am having. The mechanism that holds the bobbin case that is attached to the base of the machine-is it supposed to make a clacking noise? I have tried 3 different bobbin cases and oil and clean it regularly. There are no hidden threads, etc. It is quite noisy aand seems loose to me. Any suggestions?

The other is a problem I've had since the beginning (a year ago) The black cap behind this bobbin area pops off every so often and oozes black gunk. It is nasty stuff and oily. So far I've just cleaned it up and stuck the cap back in the hole, but how do you deal with this happening?

Sue

Thanks for the helpful hints. I will try the alcohol and super glue. Is the hook area supposed to have play in it-front to back? mine not only rotates, but seems llike it giggles a bit. I do oil the hook area quite often and it is quieter then. But is there any way to tighten the fit a bit?

Sue

Hi Sue,

You should not have any in/out play with the hook assembly. Do you have an email address? I have a work doc. file that explaines how to retighten the little collar that sits behind your hook assembly.

I'll wait to hear from you!

Archived