New Lucey Owner/Ruler work-Hopping foot ??

I am a new Lucey owner.  I'm interested in learning ruler work.  My question is, can I use the hopping foot that came with my machine or do I have to buy a special foot to do that?  I really don't want to have to buy a special foot until I know how much I will be using it and if I like it.  

Is the hopping foot that came on my 2017 Lucey a 1/4" hopping foot, and if not what is the difference between the hopping foot that came on it and the one work ruler work?

Any help you can offer would be appreciated. 

Thank you!

You can definitely do ruler work with the hopping foot that is on your machine.  The hopping foot that comes standard with our machines is not a true 1/4" all the way around.  The very front of it is a tiny bit narrower, the very back is a bit wider; the sides are pretty much 1/4".  If you do a lot of SID, you will notice pretty quickly the different distances (and it's a very small difference) your ruler is from the stitching line depending on what side of the hopping foot your ruler is.  The new interchangeable hopping feet come with one that is a true 1/4" all the way around.  APQS owners have been doing some pretty fabulous ruler work with the standard hopping foot for many years.  Just go for it.

Archived