Quilting Magazines available

Shirley Requard

I recently acquired over 250 ("oodles"!) of quilting magazines from an older friend who's lost her home and needed to divest herself of them quickly. It was suggested that I try this site to see if there's any interest in them from any of your readers. 

Titles include Quilt, American Patchwork Quilting, Quiltmaker, Patchwork Quilts, Quilts in a Hurry, Love of Quilting, Quilt Craft, Quilt, How-to Patterns, Log Cabin Flower Quilts, QuickQuilts, Quick & Easy Quilting, Stitch 'n Sew Quilts, Quilting Today, Quilter's Treasury, McCall's Quilting, Sew Many Quilts, Quilt World, Quilting USA, as well as multiple "how-to" books of "shortcuts", among others. Too many to list, specifically, but I'm sorting them by Title, so buyers can easily find what they might like to have. Many of these are what I'd call almost "vintage"--45-years-old or so, though many are relatively recent. As an example, there are 26 Fon's and Porter's "Love of Quilting", 29 "Quilt World", 14 McCall's "Quilting", 22 "Quilt", 6 or 7 Lady's Circle "Patchwork Quilts". That's as far as I've gotten, thus far....   

I'll share that after chairing my guilds quilt show boutique last year and having a quilters garage sale last month, "old/stale" quilting magazines have little appeal to quilters. Sort out the vintage mags and books and research if you have any of great value---you may be surprised. Then bundle like-titled non-vintage mags by fives or tens and offer at a bargain-basement price. We had acres of magazines and sold them for 50 cents each. As the show wound down, we reduced the price and recycled what was left. Perhaps find a local FB page devoted to quilting or a local miscellaneous selling page to offer them. That way there is no shipping involved. An original "first edition" of Eleanor Burns' Quilt in a Day---self-published, spiral bound, and wonderfully "homemade" with no photos but self-drawn pictures--was donated and it was bought for $40. Good luck finding buyers and you're nice to help out your friend.

Archived