bobbin/hook assembley problems

When I bring up my bottom thread with the one stitch button, something is catching in the hook area and snapping my thread. If it doesn't snap the thread, it knots it up and I get a big lump of thread. I seem to find it happening when I finish a quitling pass and not so much when I start out. This is really frustrating . I hope someone out there has had similar problems and can point me in the right direction to resolve this. I have a millennium machine. I have tried the nylon stocking to see if I can detect a burr but so far not. I am using auriful cotton thread. Hope this explanation is clear enough. Thanks in advance for any help. BTW, I love this site.

Cheers from sunny BC today.

Lynda Balas

Millennium

Hi Lynda,

First thing to try would be to make sure your bobbin tension is loose enough.. It should fall 3-4 inches for pre-wound and 5-6 in. fall for a metal bobbin.

If that doesn't work, take your needle plate back, cycle the needle down and then back up, look to see if the point of the hook is stopping to the left or the right of the center (finger coming across) (looking from the front)

If it is to the left, we need to make an adjustment in the back end of the machine.

Let me know and we can figure out what we need to do.. I will need to walk you through the mag collar adjustment..

Good Luck

Connie Hurst

APQS Service Mgr/Tech.

800-426-7233 ext. 6

Archived