Ultimate II Maintenance?

I purchased my 2000 Ultimate II used this past January. I know it was at the factory in 2001 for a "check up". It is making some noises lately that sound like they may be in the top middle of the machine. I'm thinking of having the machine packed up and then sending it back to APQS for a thorough going over---a complete maintenance. I don't have the original box, and APQS wants 75.00 for new box. I was thinking of having Mailbox etc. pack the machine if I go ahead with this.

What will they do to the machine, and does anyone know the cost? I think it may need a good cleaning in the interior and perhaps lubing, adjusting the timing and replace the belt, and anything else it may need. I keep it as clean and lubricated as I can. I even had the side plate by the front needle take up lever on the left side replaced with a clear plate. Tap Plastic made it.

It's so nice becaused now I can see the interior moving parts above the needle and can lubricate inside the round hole at the take up lever without removing the original metal plate.

Anyway---do any of you send your machines (Ultimate series) back to the factory on a regular basis. If I could look inside the machine myself I would, but it seems sealed and we can't find any place to take the casing off of it to clean the deep interior parts. I'm sure it has seen a lot of use by the previous owner, and I want to keep this machine in tip top condition as I really love it!

Do local dealers do maintenance on machines? or just the factory?

Sparkle,

I've only needed to send mine back once, and I did have the original box, thank goodness, but Mail Boxes Etc, should be able to help in some manner.

Call the techs on Monday, and they can give you an overall cost of what it might or might not need....they are so good with not giving you a surprise at the end of the deal....

A local sewing machine repair person, wouldn't have a clue as to what would be needed...they can help you time it or help you get needles, but when it comes to the inside they don't have a clue...it would be better to just call Mark or Amy tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Thanks Bonnie,

I would like someone to go through the machine completely at this time. I have a full size quilt on the frame half way completed. Now is probably when I should have those zippered leaders everyone is raving about! and I could just get the quilt off the frame----

I may try to complete it. The noise is not bad, it's just there, and not always consistant either.

I think it's time for some attention besides what I normally do. It could be some worn parts I'm not aware of.

Archived