How to quilt this

SID the entire inner star.  Everything is drawing your eyes to the center of the quilt.  

So using the center star you have two points at the 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, and 9 o'clock positions.  Following your seams out to each side of the quilt.  You have 7 chevrons in each of the four areas that will be formed.  I would repeat quilt the angle that is formed from the red outline of the star points to the center, from the star outwards.  Set you line spacing so, you seven colors chevrons without stitching through them.

From those same 8 corner points on the center star, draw out a straight line to the corners of the quilt encompassing the 11 colored blocks that point to the center star at the 1.5 o'clock, 4.5 o'clock position, 7.5 o'clock position, and the 10.5 o'clock position.  Instead of angled lines like you used at the 3,6,9, and 12 o'clock position, I would use straight lines that are approximately 45 degrees to your seams.  The lines would start from the corner and point towards the quilt.  

Look at your seams at the 3, 6, 9, and 12 positions see how they form lines pointing to the center of the quilt, you want those lines of quilting at the 1.5, 4.5, 7.5, and 10.5 o'clock positions.

Look at the 1.5, 4.5, 7.5, and 10.5 o'clock positions on your quilt, see how the seams form sort of an arrow-head shape pointing to the center of the quilt?  You want that design at the 3, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock positions on your quilt.  Again, match the angel formed by the red star outside border.

Fill the 8 triangle that will be formed with a design that is loopy, and not point to the center of the quilt.  Maybe feathers or circles.  Something quilted a little tighter than the lines, pointing to the center of the quilt to give it more dimension.  

That is what I spy when I look at your quilt top.  Best of luck quilting it.  Please let use see your masterpiece when your done.

Cagey