Be sure to backup regularly

I've been using computers since before the internet was a way of communicating. Yah, giving away my age. I write computer technical manuals, and I'm computer savvy, but I procrastinated and had a hard drive crash. Ugh! Two days after I returned from MQS I was going to backup my drive. My computer is only about one year old and I kept putting the backups off. I finally purchased a cool backup drive and was going to finally get it backed up. But, too late, my hard drive locked up and whammo, all data was gone. The computer tech at Best Buy said he'd never seen such a bad crash with no recoverable data. So, the moral of this story is, BACKUP regularly. I lost one year's worth of pictures, URL favorites, e-mail, and program updates. UGH!

That's ugly. Sorry to hear.

I finally learned my lesson. Bought an external hard drive, now my computer backs up every night at 22:00 automatically. And guess what? Since I have this backup...I have not had any problems with my computer hanging up or hard drive crashing. Go figure....had to spend the money first.

Deb, I am groaning for you..... OUCH!! I'm so sorry that happened. I imagine I would be in mourning if that happened to me. Hope you can get some of your stuff back through your own memory, and maybe create a bunch of new stuff you like even better. Good luck!

Archived