Problem with Needle up/down

Help, I am having trouble with the needle up/down continuing to cycle. Sometimes it is fine, other times, it cycles 6 or 7 times before it quits, or maybe just 3 times. It started all of a sudden. I have tried turning the machine off for 10 minutes and it did it again. I can't predict when it will do it and when it won't. I almost made a hole in a customer quilt.

I missed Connie at the factory and thought maybe someone else has had this problem and could offer some suggestions.

Thanks,

Jeannie

Here's a post from Connie a while back which I believe is pertinent to your question:

Originally posted by connie hurst

When you are at the front of the machine, it is on the right side, under the top cover and it is the ( blue pod with the #8 on it and the gold screw coming out the side--not the top turn it clockwise to slow it down and counter clockwise to speed it up! Turn it 1 full turn! Also run the machine for 10-15 min. before doing this so you can make sure it is warmed up and then the adjustment will be more acurate!

Good Luck and call if you need anyhing!!!!

Connie Hurst

APQS Service

800-426-7233 ext. 6

I am a newbie, having purchased a used machine recently. My question is on the same topic -- needle up/down. Not having had any APQS instruction on my machine, I was wondering what the normal speed of the up/down is. It seems very slow to me. I would say three seconds to go down and three seconds to come up. Is that just because its slow when you start out, because it does speed up more after the machine has been running awhile to about 1 second down, 1 second up. Sorry that my question is kind of muddy.

Sally: I would recommend you call Connie because I surely don't know what I'm talking about!:P

But, I think that the problem with the one stitch taking several stitches is that it is too fast. Likewise, I think the problem you're describing is that it is too slow. So, the process Connie described in the section I quoted above is to slow the one stitch down a bit. You would need to do just the opposite to speed it up a little bit.

But . . please check with Connie before doing anything. I surely don't want to be responsible for ruining your machine!:o

Archived