Baptist Fan

I recently bought Circle Lord Baptist Fan Queen King 7" I haven't used it yet. I am ready to load a qeen size trip around the world and want to use this pattern. I don't have time to practice which is probably a mistake,. Do I need to measure the quilt and calculate the number of rows like pantographs or will it come out basically even at the end looking okay because of the type of pattern it is. Did that make sense?? also do I need to reverse the quilt to load? The directions were slightly confusing to me with using the painters tape etc!!. fudging in fabric etc!! Can anyone help that has experience with this. Thanks Joyce. :)

Hi Joyce,

I love my baptist fan, and have used it many times. Let's see, I wouldn't stress about practice, if you can keep the stylus in the groove, you'll be fine. I don't attempt to calculate how many rows with either pantos or the circle lord. I am math challenged, and simply allow some to flow a little off the top and bottom. I don't understand what you mean about "reverse the quilt to load". Do you mean that you want the tops of the fans at the top of the quilt? I'd just turn the templates around if that's the case. What I do is to put down that rubbery shelf mat that's available everyhwere, then lay the templates on top of that. I taped them down with painters tape until I got those. I think if you put the templates even with the front of your panto table (working from the panto side, the front is the farthest away), then tape them securly down. Without the mats or tape, they will slide around and your design won't be even. Then dive right in and enjoy. Let us know how it works out.

Beth

I jumped right in with the BF on a customer's quilt the first try and it was so easy and looked great. The rubber mat is a must, though. If you have trouble with the stylus jumping out put a rubber band over the top of the white knob and under the square cylinder tube where the bottom of the stylus comes out. That was Sherry Rogers suggestion when my stylus kept hopping out on the Spirals. Works like a charm.

Joyce,

Just GO FOR IT.

That's the beauty of the Circle Lord. It makes you look so professional without the practice. I do not try to calculate the fans. Just let the last one fall where it does. Some of it may be off of the edge of the quilt.

Let us know how it goes,

Linda Esenbock

Archived