Stitch regulator going whacky

Pats

Today I had been quilting on my Milli for about 3 hours with the stitch regulator on. all of a sudden the machine wouldn't go. That is when I moved the machine, the machine would not stitch, or it would stitch every inch or so. This has happened several times. Previously I have turned the machine off, and come back an hour or so later, and everything works fine. The machine works fine with the stitch regulator off, and I had to finish the row with no stitch regulator, but of course since I'm no expert, my stitches were of varying sizes depending on my speed.

Since I cleaned the rails right before I started, and cleaned the stitch regulator wheels, and then I cleaned them again when the machine stopped and this did not fix the problem, I dont' know what to look for next. I can only suppose this problem has something to do with the wheels "reading" the head's movement, but if cleaning the wheels and rails does nothing. What's next?

What else can cause this problem.:(:(:(

Just a thought, but check the wires that go to the regulator. It may be possible they are not plugged in securely. Maybe you bumped them just a bit when cleaning. I have had this happen before or forgot to plug them in for one reason or another and the darn regulator just won't work!:o

Archived