UFO Challenge 2024

Every year I tell myself that I need to finish three UFO (Unfinished Projects (don't know where the "0" fits in)).  This year I've set the goal at 3 completely finished projects for the year and my stretch goal is 6 fully completed projects for the year.  I've also committed to not starting any new projects until I completely finish at lease 3 UFOs.  

Well, my friends, it's only February 21, 2024, and I've already completely finished 3 UFOs.  *insert fireworks here*  

Okay, to be honest, two of the UFOs just needed binding, but they had been sitting around unfinished for a very looooooong time.  Now they are done.  

The other UFO I finished was a block swap quilt top with 25 different 12" blocks.  The top has been finished for several years, but I was never sure how to quilt it.  Well, I just put in on the frame and custom quilt each block, simple sashing and feather borders, roll over binding, and voila, it's done!  I'm so proud that I actually finished this one.  It has been intimidating me from the corner for far too long.  ; ) 

Now I'm working on two more UFOs.

#4 is a flannel pinwheel square in square baby quilt.  I need to make 8 more blocks (maybe more depending on how big the finished quilt will be).  Then quilt and bind. 

#5 is 30 embroidered inspirational blocks (27 were already done).  I've already embroidered one, just need to embroider two more blocks and then add sashing, borders, quilt and bind. 

#6 ????  ooooh there are sooooo many to choose from, but now that I'm on a roll, I'm really excited to get these old projects finished.  I started making an inventory of unfinished projects and it is a little daunting -- over 25 (mayby close to 40 or 50 quilt tops, but some of those were my mom's that I brought home with me after she passed), a dozen totes and other bags, half a dozen table runners and coordinating placemats, and a few miscellaneous projects.  I think I'll do at least two quilts for every three UFOs that I work on. 

Does anyone else out there have UFOs?  What is your strategy for getting them done?   

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 9:31 PM, loraquilts said:

Every year I tell myself that I need to finish three UFO (Unfinished Projects (don't know where the "0" fits in)).  This year I've set the goal at 3 completely finished projects for the year and my stretch goal is 6 fully completed projects for the year.  I've also committed to not starting any new projects until I completely finish at lease 3 UFOs.  

Well, my friends, it's only February 21, 2024, and I've already completely finished 3 UFOs.  *insert fireworks here*  

Okay, to be honest, two of the UFOs just needed binding, but they had been sitting around unfinished for a very looooooong time.  Now they are done.  

The other UFO I finished was a block swap quilt top with 25 different 12" blocks.  The top has been finished for several years, but I was never sure how to quilt it.  Well, I just put in on the frame and custom quilt each block, simple sashing and feather borders, roll over binding, and voila, it's done!  I'm so proud that I actually finished this one.  It has been intimidating me from the corner for far too long.  ; ) 

Now I'm working on two more UFOs.

#4 is a flannel pinwheel square in square baby quilt.  I need to make 8 more blocks (maybe more depending on how big the finished quilt will be).  Then quilt and bind. 

#5 is 30 embroidered inspirational blocks (27 were already done).  I've already embroidered one, just need to embroider two more blocks and then add sashing, borders, quilt and bind. 

#6 ????  ooooh there are sooooo many to choose from, but now that I'm on a roll, I'm really excited to get these old projects finished.  I started making an inventory of unfinished projects and it is a little daunting -- over 25 (mayby close to 40 or 50 quilt tops, but some of those were my mom's that I brought home with me after she passed), a dozen totes and other bags, half a dozen table runners and coordinating placemats, and a few miscellaneous projects.  I think I'll do at least two quilts for every three UFOs that I work on. 

Does anyone else out there have UFOs?  What is your strategy for getting them done?   

We have a guild challenge this year to finish our UFOs.  I have registered 4 for the challenge but I think I will add two more and join you in getting 6 or more finished in 2024!  I had always heard that UFO stood for Un Finished Objects!  

• 2 weeks later...