Question about Ultimate 2

Charan

Hi everyone,

I have the opportunity to get an Ultimate 2 machine from a friend which is in good working condition. The set up of it is unusual from any of the Ultimate 2 pictures I have seen.

It has a table setup, where you move the quilt rather than the machine and the table can be converted to a hoop frame set up as well (hoop frame accommodating approx 50" width). See pictures attached.

Also this Ultimate 2 has horizontal wheels rather than the vertical wheels which I have seen in my search. (Picture attached). My friend told me it was modified to go on some old Millie frame. 

My question is, if I decide to get a regular 10 or 12 foot frame for this machine, would it still work. I would rather move the machine than move the quilt. I have made several quilts on the Cutie frame hoop setup from Grace Company with my domestic machine and I am familiar with the advantages and disadvantages of it. I finally have the space to have regular 10 or 12 foot frame, so I don't want to upgrade to just have a bigger hoop frame. I hope this Ultimate 2 can be installed on a regular frame.

Appreciate any input.

Thank you

Charan

APQS1.jpg

qSEEXe+4RIaE7NdeosFW5A.jpg

WBYz0rJFSleWmsD_X77yuQ_medium.jpg

After looking again at the photos, you'd need a carriage as well as the table.  I'm not sure, but if a Millie carriage will fit the Ult2 shown, you could use a Millie table instead of the Lenni.  (I think the millie tables are better than the Lenni's, and probabily easier to find)  Jim

I note you were told it was modified to go on a Millie frame.  I guess that answers whether it'll fit a Millie table.  Check and see if the carriage that was used then, is still available.  Having that piece would make it a lot easier to fit it to a table.  If you can't find a carriage and a table inexpensively, you might be better off buying more modern entire system.  I've seen early model Millie's for as low as $3000.  Unless you're getting the Ult2 for free or really cheap, the cost of a carriage and a table may begin to approach the cost of a complete newer system.  The newer machines would be stitch regulated, and that's a giant step up from the unregulated Ult2.  I have a Ult2 that I love, but I've spent a lot of money upgrading it with stitch regulator, and building a new table with electronic channel locks.  I spent nearly $3000 just for the basic Ult2 with the original table.  (that was almost 15 years ago when used Millies cost a lot more)  Jim