Rattle in bobbin area

I have been noticing more & more a serious 'rattle' in my bobbin area? When you grab the shaft with thumb & finger with no bobbin or case inserted, I can wiggle it in & out as well as sideways! Is this a problem?????

So far the machine is still stitching fine but I am starting to be a little concerned with the noise & possible long term results with this.....

Would love some feedback on whether all machines do this & I am just only starting to notice this OR whether this is something that needs to be looked at & corrected before damage is done?

I have a Millennium machine & was purchased in June 2002.

Tracey

www.constantinequilts.com

Australia

Hi Tracey,

It is normal to have side to side play. The in and out play should not be there. What needs to be done is to tighten the little black collar behind the hook, sometimes over time they get a little loose and need tightened.

To do that, you need to take off the needle plate and get a long straight screw driver and a 3/32nd allen wrench. Go in from the font(underneath) and loosen the set screw on the collar, then go in from the top and put the srewdriver inbetween the back of the hook and the front of the collar and twist the screwdriver, (don't pull forward or backward) but twist and it will push the collar back and then while holding the screwdriver, tighten up the set screw. This will make your hand wheel feel tight, go ahead and oil the hook and turn the machine on and let it run for 10 min. and it will loosen that hand wheel up again.

I hope this helps! Let me know if I can help further.

Good Luck

Connie

Apqs Service

800-426-7233 ext.6

Archived