hugs and such

I love the posts re: hugs. We did not get hugs or 'I love You' when we were kids so when we had our babies I started telling them I loved them from the time they were wee. At night it was 'Good night, I love you' for everybody, and we still hug the'kids' when we see them( now 24 and 21 years old). For myself and our daughter it is a reaffermation of the special relationship we have as Mom and Daughter. For me and my 'boy' it is gratitude for how he has grown up to be a good, strong man.

Good for you for hugging your kids. We were always hugged goodbye and goodnight, although when we were teens the line going out the door tended to be "Bye! Love you, check your gas guage, change your underwear." (Mom was and ER nurse, and dad was a cop. They didn\'t want to have their kids showing up anywhere with dirty underwear!) Yes, it was and still is funny, but we sure knew that we were, and are loved.

We don\'t have kids of our own, but sure do hug the neices and nephew whenever they are around. No matter how much they dislike it, being soon to be teens.

Beth

I came from a home where I knew I was loved, but not a lot of physical hugging or kissing went on. Just at night, a quick kiss on the cheek and a "Good Night, Sleep Tight, Don\'t let the Bed Bugs bite" from mom. The last time that we were up to see our kids and grandkids, I said that and my DGD thought I was serious and there were bugs in her bed!! My DH\'s family is a very huggey, kissy family and after 33 years, I\'m finially getting comfortable with it all. Now, I\'m a huggy gal too. Beth, The underware thing is exactly what my mom always told me to change if we were going to go to town. We wouldn\'t want to have a car accident and me have dirty underware - like anyone would be concerned with that? Brought back her voice in my head -- a funny & good rememberance..

The "Good Night, Sleep Tight, Don\'t let the Bed Bugs bite" brought back memories. My sister and I would get a hug and a kiss then usually my father would say "Night Night,Sleep Tight, Don\'t let the Bed Bugs Bite." My sister and I would respond with "But if they bite, I\'ll squeeze them tight and they will never bite another nite."

Archived