Ultimate II HELP

Where there is smoke there us usually a nasty problem, so I would first suggest you call Mark or Amy and ask them. There could be a number of things, but if you have smoke in the area of the needle something is wrong. First guess would be when was the last time that you oiled your machine...if the needle bar is smoking there is friction someplace....

I called and taked with amy...I turned it on while she was on the phone..the smoke was really coming from the front control handle...new control on the way...yikes that is scary....I am a good girl and oil and clean before each use, I would rather err on the side of too much than not enough..

I\'m sorry I had computer problems and didn\'t get to check this until now.....So glad Amy was there to help...

Smoke is such a scary thing...our machines are so simple that it had to be two things, either a faulty wire which is what I\'m assuming now since you said a new control is coming or you had run out of oil...Glad to hear that you oil well, and that it wasn\'t the needle bar getting to hot...some don\'t and can\'t understand why they just don\'t run well.

Again glad you are going to be fixed soon...sorry I wasn\'t much help.

I live about 3 hours or so from Carrol..so when I order something, I get it the next day...well yesteday it, the control came, got the part on, and things are good now...When Amy asked how long I had my machine, I told her about the time that the Ultimate II was the Mellinium of today...so, I guess it times to go finish the project that is on the old gal....thanks

LOL...yeah, I know what that is....I got my \'ol girl, in late 1997 and she has only gone back to Carrol once for a tune up....and yes that was in the days that our machines weren\'t totally the new Millies\' that was the ULT 1\'s, but still we were styling pretty high for awhile.

Archived