What's Happening Here?

I took out all the stitching(about 3 feet of a panto) on this one because I thought I had batting pokies on top. When the stitching came out, this is what I'm left with. I changed my needle, which made no difference. I was using Red PermaCore in top and bottom. Any ideas???

post--13461898716762_thumb.jpg

I\'ve had this happen with printed fabric...the kind that the ink really doesn\'t go all the way through so the back of the fabric looks a bit more white than if it had been printed completely through.

I always thought it was where the needle hit the threads just right and seperated it so the back showed....I\'ve also had it happen where it hit just right and pulled a whole line of threads out. Some needles even through they are new they seem to be just dull enough that they catch the threads just right and do this. I\'ve had to throw out whole packs of needles before I could get one that worked right. Is flustering when they cost so much to have this happen.

Anyway this is what I\'ve always thought it to be...could be totally all wet here. :cool:

The fabric is most likely pure white on the back side, right? It looks like a screen print fabric.

The needle breaks the thread of the fabric and the white shows through after you take the stitches out. Use a water bottle and spray it a little and rub with your finger nail to close holes.

A customer gave me warm and natural 100% cotton the other day and I had batting popping through the back, I changed needles, thread and even sprayed the backside of the batting with spray starch and nothing helped. I looked close at the batting and it had little loose balls of puff all over it. If you rubbed it on your clothes they would come off.

I always use Warm & Natural 50/50 and have never had that problem.

A colored permanent ink pen will recolor the holes for you.

Archived