Up/Down Adjustment

Hi List and Connie: I am having a problem with my up/down button. It is very very slow. I tried searching for a post on where the adjustment screw is, but came up blank. When I turn the machine (Millie) on, it is like the flywheel is stuck and you hear the motor trying to turn it. This is the same when I hit the up/down button. It really struggles, and needs manual help to get it to go down, and then again when I hit it to come up. It won't finish by itself -- I need to manually turn the wheel to get it to complete the up/down cycle. HELP PLEASE!!!

Sally Inouye

Sally...have you checked inside the machine to see if some thread is wound up inside? (do you know what I mean?) The first time this happened to me we took the side panel off and found a lot of thread had gotten inside. The flywheel cover that is now available sounds good to me since I imagine it is for this problem. I don't know if what I have written is clear but if it has happened to you, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about!

Have a nice day.........Sandra

Hi Sally ,

I am sorry, I "Lied" that adjustment is not on my top 10 list, however I am e-mailing it to Tadd, (our computor man) and he will have it on there very soon..

As Sandra said, if you have gotten thread up inside it will put a bind on the motor causing this very problem!

From the front of the machine, take the " LEFT" side cover off and go in there.. If you have thread, cut it out.. If not, call me and we will do some trouble shooting over the phone..

Good Luck

Keep me posted

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning Connie,

Millie "chatters" when turned on until I do a single stitch up or down. At first it would go away when the machine warmed up but now does it almost all the time! It's driving me crazy!!! Can you walk me through adjusting the magnet in the back of the machine? Tom, at MQX, said that he felt that was the problem.

Thanks,

Carol

Archived