Wheels for Table Legs

I'm getting my Millennium a few weeks earlier than anticipated, so the room it will be initially set up in is not the actual "new home" I'm planning for it. I've ordered the 14-foot table with the height adjustment feature. Is it possible to put castors on the table, so it can be moved around a little? Can they be left on permanently, or should they be removed when the machine is in its "real" studio? Where is a good place to get them? Are they hard to install?

Donna

New Millennium's Coming!!

Hi Donna,

I just got my Milliennium last week and I bought regular furniture castors at Home Depot, and it pushes around fine. If you want something with wheels, I was told that they also carry a low profile furniture mover with small wheels. Either way, it's not a big problem to move this around

Sue

Hi Donna,

I just added the sliders to mine last week and they are excellent! I have a millie and she just pushes around beautifully, well if you don't count the heater vent I smashed :P the baby wouldn't move and I knew I had more room :o and the electrical cord I didn't think about uncoiling well it just came unplugged but since that they're great! It's nice to be able to push it around...

Thank you all! Teresa, do you have your machine on carpet? Do the sliders make it hard to level? Sue, what size threads did you get for the castors? Are the legs threaded or do the pins of the wheels just pop in?Everyone else--did you find that adding whatever moving mechanism you used made it more of a challenge to level the table? Anything else I should look out for? I will admit that I swing from elated to terrified to elated to scared half to death ("what have I gotten myself in for?!"), etc. I'm trying to get as many potential obstacles out of the way before I run into them--if I've got a plan in place to handle them, I feel like I'm more in control (yes, I know it's all an illusion--but it's my illusion right now, thank you very glad! :D)

Opps....Donna...I didn't get castors, I got the sliders (DUH). They work great and my machine on carpet and level. OH...I have had my machine a week as I said...and IM still terrified..LOL... I suppose I will get used to it and start having fun.

Sue

Donna: Wonderful news. I am in the boat with you. My Millie will be delivered in a couple of weeks, too. I have to move all the sewing furniture out of the room where Millie is taking up residence, but that room isn't ready yet. Scared, excited, worried, elated.....the gamit of emotions, too. It's good to know others are going through it with us.

Trish

Queen Bee Enterprises, LLC

Indianapolis, IN

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering putting my millenium on sliders. If I leave them on permanently, does the machine move when I do not want it to? For example, when I am quilting?

My machine is being delivered in less than 24 hours and I can't wait!!

Hey Everyone!! There are many options out there for moving your machine. At the showroom we have our machine on what we call "piano dollies" (sp), they are triangular shaped with wheels on each point. There is a depression that holds the table leg perfectly. We do not have a problem leaving the wheels underneath the machine and the machine moving when people are quilting on it in the showroom.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Now that I have the machine, I appreciate how silly my question was. I have more room than I originally thought. The sliders are on but I haven't had to move it. I may when I do pantographs but that will be a while.

Two quilts are done and I love it!!!! Now I am anxiously awaiting delivery of my thread package!

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Archived