Breaking threads

I have an on-going frustration when I use some threads...the thread will break and the stitching continues with about a one inch gap where the break happens. It happened mostly with a heavier decorative thread I was trying. Now I'm just getting into using King Tut thread and I'm getting the same thing. I'm using a 4.0 needle, cleaned everything I can think of, loosened the tension, loosened the tension of the quilt, put a little piece of batting in the guide above the spool to slow down any "rush" of thread, slowed down my speed...I'm about at my wit's end. I'm hoping that there in one little thing I haven't tried that will be answer to my prayers! How about it...any ideas? I'll be looking forward to your replies. Have a great day...Sandra:cool:

Good luck. I had this problem continuously, and finally Connie Hurst came and replaced the entire hook. I made all the difference in the world. I can not quilt a quilt and only stop and start when I want to not when the machine decides to break the thread.

I tried all of the things you have tried. Nothing worked for me. Call in for some help, the technicians will try to help, if nothing works, they will suggest that you bring the machine in or a tech may be able to stop and fix it for you... Good Luck... i really, really feel your pain.

It is like a new machine now that I have had it fixed. It has never, never worked as good as it does now.

Barb Wetzel

Ivy Corner Quilting

Altoona, Ia.

Archived