BFSM Bonnies steam and starch

Bonnie: I read the entries on your steam and starch method. I used the steam and it really helped ALOT. Now comes the other question---where does the starch fit in? I guess I missed the original entry---so I am confused. The quilt I am working on need a bit more tweeking in the borders. The steam has already worked wonders on the bottom edge! Jo-Ellen;)

Jo-Ellen Here is the explaination as to why I use the starch in conjuntion with the hot steam...

When people use mixed fabics.....Cotton with Poly blends...there is a chance that the Poly fabrics will retain their memory and pop back out....

With the Poly blends unless you do a burn test...some can look and feel like cottons and you never really know how careful people are with choosing thier fabrics. Not all of my customers were fabric snobs or could afford top of the line fabrics, so it was mostly a habit that I got into years ago and it has paid off in continuing the practice.

I have never said that it was the starch that brought back the fabric...that was the steam, what I said was the starch guaranteed that you wouldn\'t have to worry about it popping back out and in doing so making your work easier.

Archived