Laser Light stability

I've had my Millie for 3 1/2 yrs and have never used the laser light -- didn't know how to turn it on until last week and Amy told me to turn on the switch on the back of the machine --- (I'm a little slow!!!)

Next question -- I'm now trying to use it from the front of the machine and cannot get it to latch on to the 'post' firmly so that I can direct it to the pattern I'm trying to 'trace'. It swivels around the post (on the top of the machine), I've looked in the info that came with my machine from APQS and in the posts on this site but can't find what I'm doing wrong or not doing.

Can someone HELP!!!!!????

I\'ve never used the laser light from the back, either, so I don\'t know how to get it stable there. I\'ve always used the stylus (? is that what it\'s called?) for pantographs. But now I want to do a block pattern from the front and can\'t get the laser light to latch down.

I\'ve tried the screw knob on the light and can\'t get it to screw down or unscrew. Am I just not turning hard enough?

I got it to work! -- After talking to Amy -- Isn\'t she a saint to be so patient?!

The problem (for you that might need to know someday) is that the washer inside the part that holds the light on the little pole was not lined up correctly and wouldn\'t let the screw tighten down.

So now I\'ve got to go give it a try..........

Archived