Temperature for machines?

I'm setting up a workspace for my machine that will be outside in a gargage/shed. I live in Utah so it will be cold and hot according to seasons. I'm researching heaters and air conditioners and would like to know if there are any recommendations concerning the maximum coldness and warmth the machine can take. I'm looking into electric heaters with a thermostat so I can keep the shed above freezing, but I need to know what the Millennium can take.

I'm thinking about a swamp cooler for the summer, so it won't be on continually unless I'm working. Will the heat bother the machine? Thanks for your advice !!!

Betty

Hi Betty,

The hot and cold will not harm your machine. But it is made out of Aluminum which will contract and expand a little with temp. So trying to control the temp. in your room is a good thing. You will notice it more in the winter..so you will want to let your machine run on manual for 5-10 min. to warm up so it won't be real sluggish.

Mark APQS

One major reason I chose the APQS is because it is made from Aluminum. My shop is across the driveway (I live on a farm), and I don't heat or cool it when I'm not quilting/sewing. Wooden frames just wouldn't do for sure. I realize that Central California weather is mild compared to other regions though. Thank you Mark for the tip to warm up the machine manually in colder weather.

Gayle

Kingsburg CA

Just what I needed to hear !!!

I've had so many decisions to make my head feels like mush.

i've decided to go with a hardwired garage heater with a thermostat that has a temperature range between 25-85 degrees. Will be able to keep it from freezing in there. And I'm going with a portable swamp cooler (to add humidity) for the summer. The cool will only be running while I'm working.

Good to know the machine can handle what I'm about to dish out.

Hope I'm as sturdy!!

Betty

Archived