Quilting machine

No...its nothing like a Discovery, the throat on that machine is 20 inches long and 8 inches deep.

If I\'m right on this the Easy Q was one of the very first machines that APQS made back in the early to mid 1980\'s...this machine was even before mine the ULTII and then came the ULTI and then the Millie around 2000 hense the name, and the rest are only about 5 or so years old. They were making a industrial one, that you see pop up every so often, but its way bigger than the Easy Q....this machine kinda looks like a small Nolting.

How do they work....I\'ve never touched one so I can\'t say for sure, but I knew someone who said hers was very loud and hard to move.

I have a Easy Q but never use it any more... it was the fist machine I bought from Apqs it does a very good job quilting,,, it is a heavy duty machine,,, the reason I upgraded to a Ulitmate II was due to the bigger throat,,, you will not be able to quilt no bigger then a queen size quilt then it will be quit tight,,,it has no bells or whisles it just you and the machine,,, but mind quilted very good,,,

Mind came with a wooden table..which I have my Ulitmate II on right now,,,if you have any more question will be glad to answer them for you... I quilted on my EASY Q for 5 years,,, it was a good starter machine,,,

Wilma

I started with this machine...its okay if you plan on doing only pantos and use only the thinner batting...that way as it rolls up, it will be easier to quilt..if you use thicker, you have to push it harder ..it only has handles on one side of the machine, so no free hand work...A lot will depend on what your plans are. The machine was heavy duty and worked fine..but those were the reasons I also went to the Ultimaite II

I\'m guessing that the price is very low on this machine. You might let us know what they are asking for it. If the table is compatable with the Ultimate 2 that might be a plas too. You could later upgrade to an Ultimate and keep the table and then upgrade the Ultimate with a stitch regulator. If money is a big issue then this could be a way to gradually move into a better machine but be learning while you go.

Archived