Line drawings with PreDesign

I got PreDesign for Christmas and I just love how quickly you can create designs or trace patterns and then manipulate them. Just wonderful. I just used it to create an heirloom quilt I'm working on. I did figure out that I can't do the whole quilt design using Pre-Design...took 2 crashes for me to read the help menu.

What I am having a problem with is exporting a line drawing. I export it but when I open the file I just have a black box. What am I doing wrong? I figure I can pull the line drawing into EQ and do the qiult in that.

Thanks.

Hi Heidi,

Thanks for the compliment :)

Instead of choosing File > Export Line Drawing, choose menu File > Export Color Bitmap and try opening that one. Perhaps the hairlines of the file exported as Line Drawing are too thin for the program you are opening it with. Exporting as Color Bitmap will result in somewhat thicker lines.

Loes

Loes,

Thanks for the reply. Yes that works but the only bad part about doing it that way is that I get the background color and not just lines. I guess I can always just print it and scan it and then save that way to get the line drawing. I\'ll keep playing with the file to see if I can figure out why the line drawing one gets me a big black screen.

Great program though!

Heidi,

Before exporting: hide the background image: click on the button on the right in the toolbar: this toggles the background image from on, to fade to off.

Also turn the View menu to show "Draft" (and not "Color filled") .

Then choose menu File > Export.

I have sent you a private email as well, with some extra questions about which Windows version you are using, just to find out why exporting as Line Drawing doesn\'t work in your computer.

Loes

Archived