Needle Bar

Mary Beth

I have not invested in the "new" manual so I am using my original manual that came with my machine and I am not finding any info about adjusting the needle bar. I know there is a hole in the side of my machine head (right side when facing from the front) that you are suppose to be able to get a screw driver into to loosen then adjust the needle bar. However, I can't get that screw to budge. I was going to take off the side plate and go in that way, but as you know, there is the tension control to deal with. So, one thing is leading to about a dozen others. I have already ripped the fly wheel cover off - so will need to figure out how to reinstall that thing. I have everything off except that tension control and I don't want to take it off because sure as I do, I will need to order another one or something....Help!

This all started because I have hit a ruler or two in my day, accidently of course, and my needle is not in the center of my hopping foot. Okay, saying that I see, since the timing is right, it is the hopping foot that is off...am I going about this right??? HELP!!

Mary Beth

Archived