More help with hopping foot

Mary Beth

Set a business card on your needle plate behind the needle and then set the foot right on top of the card, make sure it is centered on the needle and then tighten up the clamp screw to hold in place. Let us know if you need anything else!

Take care,

Mark,

do I fold the business card??

I tried to figure this out on my own, before I read your message and I think I have the foot a little too high. Now that I know I can take the left plate off so I can see what I am doing it shouldn\'t be too hard to fix, if I just know what to do. You said to put the card behind the needle? Not just under the foot??

When your needle is at the lowest depth, so is your foot, and that is where we set the distance off of the needle plate. So you slide the single business card under the foot from the back and butt it up against the needle if you have one in, then adjust the foot so it just sits on the card. We usually like the one card depth because of the very low loft most people use for batting, you can always go a little higher or 2 business card thicknesses if needed, but not much more as then the foot won\'t compress the fabric properly. Hope this helps. :)

Later,

Archived