9 year old DWR pictures

I feel really good about finishing this double wedding ring that I made 9 years ago. I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to hand quilt this 62" x 78" quilt because I really don't have the patience for hand work. I guess I thought since it didn't take me long to piece because of the "cheater" arcs that I should put more time into the quilting....HA! The very sparse hand quilting was about 80% done when I gave up and this quilt went to go and live in the closet full of UFOs. So after ripping out about half of the hand stitches I said forget it and just left the rest in (there goes my lack of patience again). Anyway here it is:

dwrfront.jpg

dwrback.jpg

I would have taken a detail shot of my freehand feathers but as me and a few of my old sewing buddies would say, "it does not bear close scrutiny."

I hope to get the hang of stitching in the ditch soon. I have tried the dainty ditcher and the accu-guide with a little better result with the dainty ditcher. Well, back to practicing! I have UFOs to rescue!!!!

• 1 month later...

hey Cheryl!!

So glad to see you here!!( I just registered myself!)Looks like you're rockin and rollin already!! Looks just mahvelous dahling!! Have you slept or eaten since the new baby arrived???haha

:DSo happy and excited for you!!

Have Fun!!

schnoo

Archived