Floor reinforcement????

I have ordered a Millie, but am concerned about putting it in a second floor room. It seemed so large and heavy. The room is large enough but I am worried about the flooring. Has anyone had any problems with the weight of the table/machine? Would I be better off putting it in the basement? Thanks, Meg

Meg,

I have a Millenium. She is on the second floor of a house that was built in 1895. So far no problems. The weight is distributed over such a large area that I really don't think there should be a problem. At least I hope not!:D

Congratulations on your choice...you are in for such a wonderful time!

The ONLY problem we have is making 17 trips through the front door, backing the long parts down the hallway and into a bedroom doorway, tilting this at an angle in order to make it back up the hallway and through another opening in order to make it up the stairway to the loft studio, up over the railing at the top of the stairs, out the upstairs window (Yes, we opened the window and removed the screen first!), then forward back into the studio. And all this effort ONLY got the table rails and tubes upstairs. We still had to bring up the head, carriage, and all the miscellaneous parts and parts! However, when we left the Millie was up and running happily!

Guest Linda S

Mine is upstairs and we had to bring it all through the window, as I have a tiny little curved staircase that goes up to the quilt studio. We had the window out to bring in all the drywall and wood for the remodel, so just left it out and brought the machine in that way.

Linda

Archived