QUILTS 2008 IN NE OHIO - WOW!

I just got back from the best birthday present ever! My non-quilting friend invited me to an "art" quilt show in Kirtland, Ohio....QUILTS 2008. There were some traditional quilts, and many many art quilts!

I am SOOO inspired! We looked at all the quilts, had a nice dinner and the lecture was so incredibly inspiring! Vikki Pignatelli was the speaker and was wonderful. She also began a show near Columbus, OH called Sacred Threads. The next one is June 17-28, 2009.

Here\'s her website: www.vikkipignatelli.com - OMG you will be inspired too! I am sooo traditional, but now ready to branch out!

Geez, I hope I can sleep tonite!

Heidi, I\'m currently working on a custom "storm at sea" that will have a sailboat in the middle.... I want to use the traditonal block with the hues changing to give it some movement. I think this technique would be perfect for the sails and some of the ocean....

anyway, I can\'t get it out of my mind - and you know what that means! I\'ll have to try it! The quilt is going to be more impressionistic than "photographic".

I can\'t work on it til I\'m done with a couple others... seems to take me longer than the rest of you! but I\'m still learning.... I\'ve always been more of a piecer...

I kinda retired last year. Actually October 2006. I\'d had a hip replaced from arthritis, and I guess my boss thought I wasn\'t keeping up with my sales. I sold advertising for 18 years. He let me go.

At 59 (now 61 next week) I just couldn\'t find anything to make the same income. It\'s been hard, but honestly now that I\'m quilting full time (my forever dream!) I don\'t know how I had time to work! At least I\'ll get some SS next year...

Heidi: you are so fabulous with what you do... I am totally in awe!

Archived