Ebay Customer Quilt - Sample

Hi All,

Here is one of my customer\'s quilts from Ebay. She is a very good piecer and has a good eye for color. I\'ll attempt to post a pic of the entire quilt when I get home. The design is Deb\'s Swirls (a great panto design whether free-hand or with CQ) and makes any quilt look nice. This is one of my economy designs plus I added binding and this customer bought batting from me. The original item was advertised at $40.00 but after all of the add-ons, the total bill was over $112.00 including shipping charges. This quilt is 55 by 82. She is planning on sending me more quilts. So for around $5.00 and a simple ad on Ebay, I was able to generate some business.

Ok...I\'m back off my soap box...

post--13461899286737_thumb.jpg

Hi Patty,

Sorry, guess I wasn\'t very clear. Yes, my Ebay item is a 50 by 60 for quilting services only for 39.95 plus shipping. I have a statement that larger quilts are more and batting and binding are additional services so send an email for estimate for these additional services....see?

So for this quilt it was around $55.00 for the quilting (larger quilt than 50 by 60), $30 for the binding, $5 for thread, around $13 for batting and $9 for shipping.

You can list items on Ebay that aren\'t just auction style. If an order is more than the original item, then when you send the invoice to the customer, you charge for the additional items or send an invoice via paypal. Ebay owns paypal.

I\'ve done at least 15 quilts from Ebay customers (I\'ve been in business about 7 months). I get lots of leads and questions plus it can get you in the "web" searches. I\'ve never had a problem getting customers...2 or 3 per month. Some of the Ebayers have a lot more feedback and yes, they quilt for a very, very economical rate...so maybe they are living off of volume sales...and yes, they own a Milli... I think the key is set your prices with what your comfortable with and created a good item listing with details, etc. of your service(s) that you are offering and don\'t worry about the other "guy" or "gal". Ebay has made up about 25% of my business so what the heck...

I\'m not a full-time quilter...just looking for enough to pay for my Milli and CQ and $$$ for my fabric stash:P ... but I really do have fun quilting for others...

Oh, the quilt shown in the picture is one of the better quilts I received from an Ebay customer. I did just have a really bad experience with an Ebay buyer (not for quilting services) but for photo quilt paper item that I sell....this person sent a really nasty email...said I was trying to rip them off for a $4.50 item...wonder if it was the same person who sued the quilter? Anyway, I just offered to refund their money if they wanted to return the item to me. This is the only relatively bad experience that I\'ve had with a customer from Ebay.

I guess I just don\'t have the right writing skills to create an Ebay ad. Every time I do one it gets removed and I get a message that I have violated some policy of ther\'s. One time I had my business name (didn\'t know you couldn\'t do that), one time I linked to pictures and the price list on my website (okay, what\'s wrong with that).

SO, how do you write an ad that Ebay will allow? Any suggestions?

Teresa,

When I first started ... the same thing happened to me. I think there is someone on Ebay that doesn\'t like competition so they will say something is wrong with your post and Ebay automatically kills your item without asking questions. The one who is doing this to others must be very insecure. I was almost in tears after the 3rd or 4th time this happened to me. Anyway...I know how to fix that!!! but I won\'t discuss it on-line. Feel free to call me anytime and we can discuss! Send me an email with your phone number and I can also call you back.

Talk to me Teresa!!

Archived