ideas needed

Here is an example of a quilt a customer will be sending to me next month. I just saw it on her design wall. If you have seen the commercial for the construction paper that uses special markers - and the little boy draws a sunny day - that\'s what this quilt is like. It\'s awesome once you actually see the quilt. I sat in a chair and just admired it for 15 minues. Took me by surprise since it\'s not my style - but I love it and cannot wait to get to work on this one. It\'s done in the turquiose(sp).

I am thinking circles in the large center of the square but that\'s as far as I\'ve gotten. I do have the CL and have thought of using that. Have alot of the templates disks.

Any ideas?

post--13461899331377_thumb.jpg

Kathy,

Wow that looks like a lot of piecing. I think I would do a circle something in the centers like you suggested and then maybe cc\'s in the start points. I would probably SID the star points just so the star pops niely. Int the inside sashing and first border I would just do a simple cc. In the centers of the pieced outside border I would quilt something like a feathered wreath or some other really nice design since it is one of the only places that you could really see all the quilting. I would stipple all the background as well so the rest would pop.

Archived