Need help with zipper leaders

I purchased a Millie about 3 years ago. It came with all kinds of accessories that I have never learned to use. I would like to learn how to use the zipper leaders that came with it. Does anyone know how? Do they make it as easy as it sounds?

It also came with overhead wiring, that I would be interested in selling. I also have the micro-handles and the heartly fence. I need to learn how to use the heartly fence (I think that is what it is called.) also. Anyone with experience that would be interested in training me?

Thank you.

I don\'t own a hartley fence, but I do believe that there is a DVD and an instruction book (workbook). Myrna Fricken teaches class on using the fence

Yes, for me the zipper leaders are awesome. If I am working on a quilt and need to remove it from the machine for some reason, I can just unzip the quilt, put another set of zippers on and pin on a different quilt. If you use a basting glue to baste them (hold with pins until set) then stitch it on with the machine. Make sure your leaders are squared up before attaching the leaders.

Cheryl

I just added zippers, and I love them. I pin the quilt at my cuttting tabole or sitting down at the worktable, then simply zip it on the machine, wind it on, and go. AND IF YOU HAVE TO FROG YOU CAN ZIP IT OFF AND DO IT SITTING IN AN ARMCHAIR INSTEAD OF BENDING ALL WHICH-WAY! I don\'t have to rip often, but when Ineed to change up, zippers are wonderful. I have done three large quilts on them.. just added them a week a go... and I love them

The reason that I bought zippers was because I was tired of getting stuck with pins. I take my backing and find the middle, take my "back" zipper find the middle mark that I made on it, match them up with backing good side down and baste the back to the zipper using the longest stitch that my DM can do with a 1 or 2 stitch back tack at the start and stop. Takes 5 min at most and I\'m sitting down!!! When you are thru with your quilt, you can cut the 1 or 2 stitch back tack and rip the zipper off of your backing without any trouble. My DM has a stitch that is about 1/4" or so long so it works great.

Archived