What to do with little triangles??

I am doing this quilt with 12 " fabric squares on point. The design that the quilter really wanted is round. (It is a Japanese crest.) And I agree it looks great on block, but this leaves the little triangles of fabric, top, bottom and sides with no quilting in them. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe just sid, but I hate to sid on my la, especially since her piecing doesn\'t always line up, but if I have to, I have to.

Yes, I could do either of those, but I am not sure if it would look ok with the Japanese theme of the rest of the designs. I know there are lots of different kinds of line dancing, but most of what I have seen is rather whimsical looking. What do you think?

I have done stippling in the background triangles in the other blocks, but the rest is all Japanese. (And yes, I know that stippling is not in style right now, but it does a great job of recessing the background and making the other fabric jump out and the background fabric is a small geometric print, gold and yellow and you really can\'t see the quilting.) Anyway, the large block that I was talking about is a Japanese crest stork, quite intricate and then there is another simplified Japanese crest stork in some smaller blocks. Kanji for the 4 winds in some smaller fabric squares and a chrysanthanum in some other fabric squares on point.

I would take a picture for you, but dh has the camera and is gone.

well, guess your ideas inspired me. I decided to do lines ( not perfectly straight), one down the center and one down each side of the triangle which I think make the triangle look sort of look like the a fan with the stitching being the ribs

Thanks..

Archived