Circle Lord problem

guineasrule

I recently sent up my circle lord for my millie and raised the carriage per the instructions. It works fine, but my question is this: Now that I've raised the carriage the machine makes a horrible racket. It sounds like a tim horse. It's horrible! Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks, Lynn

Originally posted by guineasrule

Thanks Judy, I had to raise the bar when I installed the L.C. in the first place. WE took some of the spaces out and raised the bar. Did you have any problems?

Nope, didn't have any problems at all. Don't have a clue what the problem might be.

Lynn:

You do not say when your machine is making a noise. Is it when you are moving the machine? Does it make a noise just sitting in one place and running? When does the noise occur and under what conditions? Does the noise come from the machine, if so what area of the machine? Does it come from the carriage? How many washers and nuts did you put on the wheels? When you raise the machine you put more stress on the wheel bearings this may be your issue but I need more information to isolate the problem. Let me know.

Good Luck,

John

If the noise is coming from the machine itself and is hard to pinpoint, it might be from your gear box. On my Millenium, after a certain length of time enough grease had oozed out to create an air pocket and the machine began to make an awful grinding sound. I never knew what movement triggered it. I had to repack the grease in the gear box a few times. I eventually got a cap from APQS, to put over the the little axle that turns behind the bobbin case and that prevented the oozing, and I never got the the high pitched gear grinding sound again.

I think I read they have the directions for doing this on the site. Not sure if this is it at all, but you never know.

Hi John, in answer to your question: We added one nut and two washers to lift the carriage. The machine doesn't have to move to make the tinny noise. I oiled and cleaned it hoping that would help and as I ran the machine in place it still made the noise. It makes the noise regardless if the stitch regulater is on or off. It is just terrible. I don't want to lose the circle lord, I hoping you can help.

Thanks, Lynn

Lynn:

You didn't say which area the noise is coming from. I am not sure that the Circle Lord modifications has caused your problem. I am going to make a guess here. I think the top cover is hitting the side of the case. On the cover that covers the motor you will have 3 screws on each side. The back two hold the guides for the thread as it comes off the spool. Loosen these 6 screws a bit and lift the cover (this cover has the led?s in it). Make sure the cover does not hit the case as it can make quite a racket. You can check for this problem by putting you had on the cover and see if you can stop the rattling. If this does not fix your problem try to isolate the area of the machine the noise is coming from. If it is rattling from the front I would make sure the hook assy. is properly oiled.

Let me know what you find.

Good Luck Again,

Archived