How much charity quilting do you do?

Boy did this come at the right time! I just finished QOV #2 with 2 more in the hopper. Of COURSE I accepted the idea of doing this when I was getting absolutely no phone calls for paying work and figured it wouldn\'t hurt to get my name out there. Free advertising is always good. The patterns I have done are the Baptist Fan and Clamshell with the Circle Lord, so they don\'t take long to do. I have supplied the batting on both and am supplying batting for the other 2. I think the agreement with QOV is that I will be doing 1 per month. So I can handle that. I didn\'t keep track of the first one, but will make sure I get everything written down on the next 3. I have offered to do quilting for the guild, but they haven\'t said anything and I\'m not going to offer again. I don\'t want to find myself doing all freebies.

Robin

I do three charity quilts a month, from scratch. One goes to a retirement home for new guests, one to a children\'s shelter, and one to a long-term resident of the VA hospital.

I am considering offering to quilt a lap sized charity quilt free if it\'s for the guild with any paid quilt. Would appreciate feedback on that concept.

Archived